Monday, April 1, 2013

Because I Said So {God-Sized Dream}

Holley's God-sized dream challenge for this week was to tackle the "why" behind our dreams. Why is our dream worth pursuing, fighting for and seeing through no matter what happens? 
_______________________________________________________

I love playing with children. I like to get them all stirred up then send them home for their parents to handle but 2 weeks ago while volunteering in the church nursery God confirmed that working with children is not my calling.  
Since my children are 24 and 20 years old it has been a while since I spent any length of time with 2-3 year olds.  I had forgotten how many times you hear the question, “Why?” 

“Don’t put that in your mouth.”
“Why?”

“Don’t throw the toys.”
“Why?”

“Don’t climb on the table.”
“Why?”


I gave what I thought was clear answers to each of their whys but my replies just brought on more and more whys.  Finally, I did the only thing I knew… I let my mother's voice come out of my month and said, “Because I said so.” 

I knew that they did not need to put the toys in their mouth because it was not spotlessly clean and they might get sick. 

I knew that if they threw the toys they could hurt another child. 

I knew if they climbed on the table, they might fall.

In other words, I knew what was best for them in these situations.

So when I saw Holley’s challenge: Why is your dream worth pursuing, fighting for and seeing through no matter what happens? 
I was taken back to my nursery experience came back to my mind along with the sting of conviction.  I know that God has called me to share His redeeming love with women in order for them to see that there is freedom for the bondage of their past sins.  So why is my dream worth pursuing ? So why is my dream worth fighting for? So why is my dream worth seeing it through?

Because they are worth it, those women that are still listening to the lies in their heads that tells them they are not enough. 
The ones that have heard they are not pretty enough. 

The ones that have heard they are not smart enough.

The ones that have heard that they are not skinny enough.

The any that have heard they are not ________ enough.

They are all worth it to me because we are all worth it to Him.

This seed of a dream that God placed in my heart years ago is worth me pursuing after, fighting  
for and seeing through simply because He said so.  Just like I knew they instructions I gave the toddlers were their best, His instructions to me are always for my best.


What is God calling you to do that you just need to step out and do simply because He said so ?  

Amy 



6 comments:

  1. I like that analogy...because He said so. His children are worth it, aren't they? It's important kingdom work. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes !! All his children young and old are all worth it.

      Delete
  2. Yes...sometimes we obey simply because He says so. Love this...I love kids, too...but I taught preschool for a year, and it was not my calling. I do much better with kids who are old enough to reason...so I can relate to this on a lot of levels! Thank you for sharing today, friend...blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I accepted His 'because I said so' this dream got easier to follow. I realize it is His not mine and whatever the results are it will be exactly what He wants it to be.

      Delete
  3. Yes!! His ways are best even if we don't understand them. And those women you seek to encourage and inspire they are worth it!
    I hate saying those words "because I said so" but you know, sometimes there are things kids just don't understand and "get"because of their age, and sometimes those words are just necessary:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to say the words too but many times they are necessary.

      Delete